To connect your Outlook (Hotmail) hosted email to Follow Up Boss use the instructions below.
1. Navigate to the classic version of Follow Up Boss by replacing all of the text in the URL after ".com/" with "settings/user". Here is an example:
2. Choose the "Email" tab.
3. Choose "Connect Other Email"
4. Enter in your full email address and password for the email (the same password you would use to log in on Outlook.com) and the following IMAP/SMTP settings:
- IMAP: imap-mail.outlook.com / Port: 993 (default)
- SMTP: smtp-mail.outlook.com / Port: 587 (default)
5. Click "Connect"
Only Incoming or Outgoing Connects
If only one connection succeeds but the other fails, try different credentials:
- IMAP: outlook.office365.com / Port: 993
- SMTP: smtp.office365.com / Port: 587
If you are still having trouble, confirm that IMAP and SMTP Settings directly in Microsoft. To do this, log in to your Microsoft account. Go to Settings > Mail > Sync email and check your IMAP and SMTP settings:
If you are given a bad password error, you may be using 2-factor authentication. To sign in disable 2-factor authentication in Microsoft. You can use this link here. Once you have disabled 2-factor authentication, start the sign-in process again from the top.
Microsoft is deprecating this form of authentication. It is best to switch to a Microsoft Business account, a Google Workspace account or a personal GMail account.