Emails usually go to spam due to the recipient's specific email account and settings/security they have configured to detect junk/spam email. To resolve this, the recipient needs to configure their email's settings/security so that messages from Follow Up Boss aren't marked as Junk/Spam.
To whitelist an email address in Gmail, sign in to your account at Gmail.com and do the following:
- Add the address to your contacts
- Add the email address that is sending you email (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Gmail Contacts. Google will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts.
- Mark messages as ‘Not spam’
- If Gmail has marked emails you wish to whitelist as spam, tell Gmail the emails are not spam:
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist (eg onlinegroups.net).
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click More and then Not spam.
- Create a filter for the address
- Create a filter to tell Google to whitelist email from a domain or online group:
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then Settings
- Click on Filters and then Create a new filter
- enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the From field or
- enter the email address of the online group you want to whitelist in the To field
- Click Create filter with this search
- In the box headed When a message arrives that matches this search select Never send it to spam
- Click the Create filter button
To whitelist all email from a domain, enter the domain in the From field
To whitelist an online group, enter the group email address in the To field
- Do not enter email addresses in both the From and To fields as Gmail will only filter in emails that meet both criteria
- In both the From and To fields, you can enter either a specific email address or an entire domain, such as "followupboss.com"
- To enter multiple domains in each field, separate them with OR as in “onlinegroups.net OR groups.yahoo.com”
How to whitelist an email address with Office 365
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll the gear panel down to the bottom and select Mail under the Your app settings
- On the left hand side, select Mail > Accounts > Block or Allow
- Select Automatically filter junk email
- Under Safe Senders and Recipients, enter the sender's email address and click the + button.
- Click Save